Countdown to My Boston Qualifier:

Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Week of Training

I've now had time to officially digest what I have committed to and to be honest, it feels a bit daunting right now.  Even though I consider myself to be a pretty strong and fast runner - a 6:50 per mile pace for 26.2 miles is pretty terrifying.


At this point, I am going to focus on meeting my training commitments week by week.  So, here is the training schedule for this week:


Tuesday:  3 miles
Wednesday:  5 miles
Thursday:  3 miles
Friday:  rest day
Saturday:  5 miles with 3 at race pace
Sunday:  8 miles


I have also signed up for the Marine Corp Half Marathon on May 15th...my goal will be to set a new PR which require a time of under 1 hour and 36 min.  If I can hit my weekly training commitments for the next 4-5 weeks I definitely think the new PR is achievable.


Next report to be at the completion of this week!  Run on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment